Just as the old year passes I have finished off the last substantive chapter to my upcoming book. Now all I have to do is:
- Add a concluding chapter
- Go through and fill in all the [some more clever stuff here] bits
- Check the structure and ensure I haven’t repeated myself too often
- Incorporate comments from my academic colleagues and friends
- Submit to publisher
- Incorporate comments from my editor and their reviewers
- Index everything
- Deal with inevitable proofing fiddly bits
- Pace for months while physical printing processes happen… then…
- I Haz Book!
Doesn’t seem like too much further, does it?
Update Jan 2, 2014 – I have finished my draft concluding chapter, which ends, “[some form of ringing final summing-up here!]“